Research Special Interest Group (SIG)
The Research Interest Group has the following goals for the coming year including to:
- Support an international, multi-site, collaborative research project related to adherence in the transplant population.
- Disseminate the Scope and Standards for Transplant Nursing Practice.
- Publish transplant nursing (staff nurse, coordinator, Advanced Practice Nurse) competencies
- Develop transplant nursing (staff nurse, coordinator, Advanced Practice Nurse) clinical ladders.
- Enhance communication among those interested in research through use of the member list and newsletter.
- Develop additional research informational flyers on pertinent research topics for ITNS members.
- Develop and disseminate evidenced-based practice pocket guide for medication adherence.
- Develop pocket guide for motivational interviewing in practice.
- Conduct Research/EBP Workshop at the 2017 ITNS Annual Symposium.
- Continue to award ITNS research grants.
- Collaborate with Education Committee on High Risk Patient Education Material.
- Conduct pain management research project.
- Encourage, support, and explore interdisciplinary research projects.
If you are interested in joining our efforts, please contact Laura A. Taylor, PhD RN ANEF by e-mail